SAFETY
Small Battery Safety Announcement

Missgirliegirl.com is committed to fully complying with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission. The safety of children is very important to Missgirliegirl.com. and we urge parents to discuss safe product issues with their children.

The products that we sell were designed as decorative items to be purchased by adults and are not toys for children to play with. Missgirliegirl.com recommends the products that we sell to be purchased by adults for children 4 years and up.

Innovative features that our customers admire, like sound and flashing lights that are displayed in some of Miss Girlie Girl products are powered by small coin-size batteries. We know that these small batteries pose serious health risk to anyone, especially toddlers who like to explore by putting things in their mouths. Therefore, we take the safety of all are customers and families very seriously by knowing that the batteries are attached securely to the inside of each card.

In some of our card designs we do permit the replacement of the batteries. Batteries for these card designs are enclosed in a plastic child-resistant mechanism casing where the top is secured with screws. All of the batteries used in our products comply with state and federal safety regulations for mercury. After replacing old batteries, they should be disposed in accordance with regulations in your area.

Do not put batteries in trash.
Do not dispose of batteries in fire.
Batteries may explode or leak.
Recycle or manage batteries as hazardous waste. Battery capacity will decrease even if you do not use and may not work correctly. If you plan to throw away card, please take out used battery and dispose properly.

As parent and grandparents, and as guardians, please read below to prevent danger to people and pets who might intentionally or unintentionally swallow (ingest) these coin size batteries or insert them into any other part of the body such as the nose, ears, eyes or other locations.

1. KEEP SMALL BATTERIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, ADULTS WITH GUARDIANS AND PETS. Swallowing may lead to serious injury or death in as little as 2 hours due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the esophagus.
2. If you suspect that a child or anyone in your care has swallowed a battery, go to the emergency room immediately to see a doctor. Request that the emergency room doctor immediately contact the National Battery Ingestion Hotline 800-498-8666 for additional information.